Jeremy Clarkson says ‘poor’ Piers Morgan ‘lost his job for nothing’ in Meghan Markle claim

Jeremy Clarkson says social media 'can be really dangerous'

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Jeremy Clarkson, 60, has reacted to Piers Morgan, 55, after the presenter stepped down from his role on Good Morning Britain. The Grand Tour host addressed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey, which aired in the UK earlier this month.

Piers’ departure from GMB came after he stormed off set following a heated discussion with co-star Alex Beresford over his comments towards the Duchess of Sussex.

The comments led to 57,000 Ofcom complaints which spurred an internal investigation.

In addition, Meghan reportedly complained directly to ITV over Piers’ controversial comments that he didn’t believe the Duchess.

In Jeremy’s latest column for The Sun, the Top Gear host said it was “weird for him” to agree with Piers for the “first time” over claims the former Suits actress had caused “enormous damage” to the Royal Family.

However, the car enthusiast claimed despite Piers’ belief, the “monarchy will survive it all”.

Jeremy said the royals have had their fair share of problems throughout history and will be able to “weather the musings of a TV actress”.

He penned: “Within five years, I suspect [Meghan] will be posing for photographs, on her own outside the Taj Mahal or sitting on the back of a playboy’s yacht in the Med.”

“And poor old Piers will realise that he lost his job over absolutely nothing at all,” Jeremy added in the publication.

His comments come after the explosive Oprah interview, which aired in the US on Sunday March 7, Meghan said she had considered suicide during her time in the Royal Family as she felt like she “didn’t want to be alive anymore”.

On GMB the following day, Piers said he “didn’t believe a word” of what Meghan said in the interview.

The TV anchor later made another statement on GMB, saying: “On mental illness and suicide these are clearly extremely serious things and should be taken extremely seriously and if someone is feeling that way they should get the treatment and the help they need every time. Every time.”

His earlier commentary sparked widespread condemnation, including from a mental health charity, and led to thousands of Ofcom complaints.

DON’T MISS…

Carol Vorderman sparks meltdown in skintight illusion print[LATEST]
Tom Jones’ wife’s rare interview detailed before recluse claims[ADMISSION]
Stacey Solomon confirms she and Joe Swash are moving house[INSTAGRAM]

At the time, an ITV spokesperson said: “Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

“ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.”

The following day, speaking outside of his home, Piers chose to stand by his previous comments.

He added that since Harry and Meghan’s interview, “damage” has been caused to the British monarchy.

During the couple’s sit down with Oprah, it spurred global headlines following the bombshell interview.

Meghan claimed a member of the Firm had asked how dark baby Archie would be.

In the following days, the claims encouraged a rare statement from the Queen, which implied some of the points raised in the interview were refuted by the crown.

She said: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”

Samaritans offers a listening service which is open 24 hours a day, on 116 123.

 

Source: Read Full Article