‘We went out for no reason!’ N-Dubz fans are left furious as the band CANCEL their Nottingham gig with just five minutes notice – hours after Dappy complained his ‘voice was gone’
- Fans were left waiting for hours inside the Motorpoint Arena on Tuesday before learning the show had been postponed
- A statement blamed the last-minute cancellation on ‘an artist’s illness,’ with footage inside the arena showing furious fans booing
- The cancellation came hours after Dappy posted on Instagram Stories that his ‘voice was basically gone’
- On Friday fans claimed that fights broke out ‘everywhere they looked’ during the band’s show in Bournemouth
N-Dubz fans were left furious on Tuesday night after the band cancelled their planned concert in Nottingham with just five minutes notice.
After waiting for hours inside the Motorpoint Arena, fans were enraged to learn that the band would not be taking to the stage for the latest show on their comeback tour, with an on-screen statement blaming it on ‘an artist’s illness’.
It also comes just hours after Dappy had posted on Instagram that his ‘voice was basically gone’ and he was struggling with a ‘chest infection.’
More drama! N-Dubz fans were left furious on Tuesday night after the band cancelled their planned concert in Nottingham with just five minutes notice
After many fans waiting inside the venue for several hours, a statement appeared on the screen which said: ‘We are very sorry to announce that due to artist illness, tonight’s performance has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
‘We understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by this late announcement; however, it is just not possible for the artists to go ahead this evening.’
‘Full information will be available tomorrow via. the official channels.’
That late? Fans were enraged to learn that the band would not be taking to the stage for the show, with an on-screen statement blaming it on ‘an artist’s illness’
That’s late! After the cancellation, a message appeared outside the arena announcing the concert had been ‘postponed’
After all that waiting? Furious fans seen leaving the venue after spending hours inside sitting through the opening acts
Left it late! The cancellation was announced just minutes before N-Dubz were due to perform, hours after Dappy complained that he was feeling unwell
At the same time, a display outside the Arena showed N-Dubz’s concert had been ‘postponed,’ with furious fans seen leaving the venue after spending hours inside sitting through the opening acts.
One attendee told The Mirror: ‘The whole show got cancelled just five minutes before N-Dubz were supposed to be out on the stage.
‘We stood there for three hours for nothing, Dappy had posted on his story hours ago about being unwell. We went out for no reason.
‘We stood through the warm-up acts for absolutely no reason, bar Wes Nelson I’d never even heard of them.’
Annoyed! Many angry fans took to Twitter to share their fury at the last-minute nature of the cancellation
Irate: Upset fans were seen outside the arena after the concert was abruptly cancelled
Another tweeted: ‘Ndubz in Nottingham tonight support acts been on and everything now the show has just been cancelled.
‘They should have been on at 930ish. It got cancelled 20 mins ago.’
One also shared: ‘Took day off, travelled 100 miles to Nottingham arena to see N-Dubz. Sat in my seat for two hours to be informed the show was cancelled 5 mins before performing.’
Footage from inside the arena also showed fans furiously booing when the statement appeared on the screen announcing the cancellation.
A representative for N-Dubz told The Mirror: ‘We’re so sorry we had to cancel the show tonight. We tried to do everything possible to make the show happen, but a doctor advised at the very last minute that Dappy was unable to perform and needed to rest tonight.
‘We had to take this advice seriously and consider Dappy’s health so that the rest of the tour can happen, which has so far has been amazing.
‘The O2 Arena show tomorrow (November 23) and the rest of the tour will still be going ahead. We will make a further statement after Dappy has seen the doctor again tomorrow morning.
‘We’re deeply sorry to all the fans who travelled to see us tonight and promise to make it up to you with a new rescheduled date for the show. Dappy, Tulisa & Fazer.’
Another fight! This comes just days after fans claimed that fights broke out ‘everywhere they looked’ during the band’s show in Bournemouth
The cancellation came hours after Dappy had posted on his Instagram Stories that he was feeling unwell, complaining that he was struggling with flu-like symptoms and that his voice was ‘basically gone.’
In his first post he said: ‘This always happens. Too many back-to-back shows without no proper breaks, now I’m completely f**ked. Voice basically gone, flu, chest infection etc. etc.’
He later added that his ‘voice was fully gone now,’ before posting: ‘Nottingham, I pray things change in the next hour with me.’
Dapper later appeared to confirm he wouldn’t be performing in the show, telling fans: ‘I’m so sorry Nottingham.’
MailOnline has contacted representatives for N-Dubz and Motorpoint Arena for comment.
Not pleased: TikTok user mac_rubes shared a clip to the social media platform to outline the string of events which made it an ‘eventful night’
This comes just days after fans claimed that fights broke out ‘everywhere they looked’ during the band’s show in Bournemouth.
The hip-hop trio made up of Tulisa Contostavlos, 34, Dappy, 35, and Fazer, also 35, have been making their way around the UK for their arena gigs since joining forces once again earlier this year.
But some of those with tickets to the Bournemouth International Centre for 14 November took to social media to slam the gig.
Fans reported multiple brawls breaking out and the music being stopped several times because of fights in the crowd.
Getting help: The N-Dubz fan wrote on TikTok: ‘Two people have passed out. All three of them run around to get water and find medics!’
TikTok user mac_rubes shared a clip to the social media platform to outline the string of events which made it an ‘eventful night’.
And it is claimed by at least two witnesses that people were urinating on both other people in the crowd and on the floor where fans were standing.
mac rubes wrote as a caption on top of various clips of the concert: ‘Let’s give you a run down of how the NDUBZ concert went…
‘Before they had come out, there had been a fight between two different groups of women.
‘Security were about 12 and didn’t know what to do. Wes Nelson was the start up act, he had to stop singing.
Disgusting: And it is claimed by at least two witnesses that people were urinating on both other people in the crowd and on the floor where fans were standing
‘Because some dirty excuse of a man had p****d on a women. So we think the dramatics are over? Well we was in Bournemouth so obviously not.
‘NDUBZ had been on stage five minutes – another fight. Music stopped. Dappy was fumingggg because some bird punched the girl as she was being dragged out.
‘For no reason. Dappy trying to calm it all down. And getting p****d that they had to keep stopping. 20 mintues later, music is stopped again.
‘Two people have passed out. All three of them run around to get water and find medics! Fight three – music stopped, about 10 people windmilling each other.
‘Leaving the venue. Fights everwhere you looked. What a dayyyy.’
It was only May that The Sun revealed N-Dubz was joining forces once again for their 11-date arena tour around the UK.
Back in the day: The trio made up of Tulisa Contostavlos, 34, Dappy, 35, and Fazer, also 35, have been making their way around the UK for their arena gigs (pictured in 2009)
Source: Read Full Article