EMINEM could come face-to-face with his home invader if the case goes to trial – as the real life Stan denies saying he wanted to kill him, The Sun can exclusively reveal.
The 47-year-old rapper, real name Marshall Mathers III, confronted homeless Matthew David Hughes after he allegedly broke into his gated mansion in Clinton Township, Michigan on April 5.
Asked if Eminem is likely to be at the trial, Hughes' attorney, Richard Glanda, told The Sun: "He would have to testify. Yes.
"If the case ultimately goes to trial, he'll have to appear at trial, otherwise the case will be dismissed, but he did not appear at the district court for the preliminary exam."
As reported, the rapper initially thought Hughes was his nephew, said Officer Adam Hackstock.
“When Mr. Mathers asked him why he was there, he was told by Mr. Hughes that he was there to kill him,” Hackstock said on the stand.
But Hughes' attorney told The Sun: "Basically, he's never admitted that he said that he was going to kill him. This is what the officer said that he told him.
"My client never made a statement, he never said that. [Marshall said] 'Why are you here?' Or something to that effect. And my client didn't have any type of weapon on him."
Hackstock also said he arrived at the property to find a security guard tackling Hughes to the ground, saying he reportedly uttered "friend" and said he lived nearby.
The officer's testimony said Eminem led Hughes through his home to the exit, and added a brick was found near a shattered window in the home.
Detective Dan Quinn also said surveillance footage showed Hughes was on the property for "quite some time" before he entered through the window.
Despite seeing Hughes on a few occasions amid the ongoing case, Mr Glanda says he has "stayed quiet" on whether he is a huge fan of the rapper, and did not give a reason as to why he was at the mansion.
Asked how long a sentence Hughes is facing, his attorney added: "Home invasion first degree is a 20 year felony, but they could offer him something less, it depends on his prior record."
Police told The Sun they believe him to be an obsessed fan of the Rap God hitmaker, after he was previously arrested for trespassing at Marshall's old home.
A ring doorbell camera at the mansion captured the haunting moment he lurked outside the rapper’s door months before breaking in.
In the newly surfaced footage from June 2019, Hughes, 27, can be seen wearing a hoodie and pacing outside a Michigan property that Eminem previously owned.
Hughes is set to plead not guilty to first-degree home invasion and malicious destruction of property for allegedly breaking in to his current home.
Eminem was not in court earlier this month, but his attorney watched the proceedings via video, according to reports.
One hardcore fan, who goes by the name Anni and @iloveem on Instagram, told The Sun: "I suppose he took the song Bad Guy too seriously. I think as much as celebs should understand that their privacy is traded for fame, they're also just humans.
"They should feel comfortable in their own homes, especially for a star like Eminem who's so private with his personal life. I'm surprised fans know were to find his residence.
"I don't think this type of behavior reflects the intentions of the entire fan base, this is just a one-off obsession gone wrong. [But] Eminem should definitely find a better security company."
Hughes is being held on a $50,000 cash bond and Judge Jacob Femminineo Jr denied a request by Hughes' attorney to reduce the bond.
Judge Femminineo Jr. found there is probable cause to move forward with a trial and scheduled a September 28 arraignment in Macomb County Circuit Court.
The Sun has reached out to Eminem's rep for comment.
Source: Read Full Article