Jinger Duggar reveals she & her sisters have been sent marriage proposals from prison inmates after Counting On canceled

JINGER Duggar revealed she and her sisters had been sent marriage proposals from prison inmates after her Counting On show had been canceled.

Jinger, 27, spoke about the "crazy" experience during the Dinner Party With Jeremy Fall podcast. 


The Counting On star talked about how the "guys would write from prisons" and said: "We constantly had letters coming in the mail and it was like, 'Oh, who is it for this time? Oh, it's for Jana, oh, it's for Jessa…'" 

"It was mind-blowing just to think that somebody thought they would walk right into your life and marry you, like, they were already basically proposing in their letters."

Jinger continued: "And they thought it was legit but looking at it, you know, I can understand how somebody would think, 'Oh, I know you so well because I watched you from a child grow up,' so they think that there's a relationship there when there's not. It's like, a one-sided thing."

The TV star did not take the marriage proposals to heart and explained: "I remember that being something that, as a young person, that's just like, 'nope, nope, nope, that's not gonna work for me,'" she said adamantly. 

"And I think going back to that whole trust thing, it's something that you want to make sure that this person has good intentions. 


"It's not just like, 'Oh, this guy wants to be on TV and here's his big break. I'm gonna go marry one of the Duggar daughters and that's my in.' That's the last thing you wanted." 

She appeared on the podcast which is produced by the media company JFALL, and is likely to be one of a number of appearances as she grows her network in LA.

Jinger and her husband Jeremy Vuolo, 33, share their two-year-old daughter Felicity and seven-month-old daughter Evangeline.

On Tuesday, The Sun exclusively revealed that Counting On had been canceled after nearly six years.

A source told The Sun: "The decision was made by TLC earlier this week to cancel the show.

"The family was told over the phone shortly after and it's still very hush hush. 

"The petition from those who boycotted Counting On was hard to ignore, and sponsors were very concerned following Josh's arrest."

The insider continued: "There have been a lot of discussions in recent weeks as the network had already spent money on production after months of filming. 

"But the bottom line is, the network really wants to be on the right side of this scandal ahead of Josh's trial. It was important for bosses to be seen to have taken action.

The source concluded: "The case has put the show in such a bad light, and although it's a shame for those who worked hard on it, and the money spent, there really is no way forward."

Most read in Entertainment

YAZ ATTACK

Yazmin Oukhellou in shock attack as she's 'punched in face' on Dubai night

SCHO SAD

This Morning's Phillip Schofield breaks down in tears at emotional TV finale

ON THE WARD PATH

How Sean Ward's bonkers anti-vaxx crusade left him homeless

PRICE WATCH

Katie Price Mucky Mansion viewers all have same complaint as new series airs

Fans had launched a petition to boycott Counting On when the horrifying details of Josh's child pornography arrest emerged.

Jinger and Jeremy mentioned they "wholeheartedly agree with TLC canceling Counting On" in a lengthy Instagram post.

 Josh, 33, had pleaded not guilty after being charged with two counts of receiving and possessing child porn. 

    Source: Read Full Article