ZENDAYA'S Malcom & Marie co-star has hit back critics who have slammed the stars 12-year-age gap relationship in the new Netflix movie.
The film – which is set to premiere on the popular streaming service early next month – has already received a lot of negative opinions.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
The new black-and-white drama, written and directed by Sam Levinson, stars 24-year-old Zeyanda and 36-year-old John David Washington.
After the trailer was released earlier this month, many fans couldn't help but pick up on the age gap, with many thinking it's not quite right.
However, Denzel Washington's son believes that age is just a number when it comes to acting.
In a recent chat with Variety, he said: "I wasn't concerned about it because she is a woman.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
"People are going to see in this film how much of a woman she is.
"She has far more experience than I do in the industry. I've only been in it for seven years. She's been in it longer, so I'm learning from her.
"I'm the rookie. I was leaning on her for a lot. Some of the stories she's shared about what she's had to go through with Twitter and everything.
"I appreciated her wisdom and discernment when it comes to this business. I admire that."
He continued: "What I'm really excited for people to see when the film is released – they're going to see how mature she is in this role.
"We're talking about versatility, and Sam (Levinson, director) and Zendaya brought both."
The film explores what it's like to be in a relationship and highlights both the highs and lows of being in love.
John is most known his roles in Monsters and Men, The Old Man & the Gun and Tenet.
Zedaya joined the world of TV and showbiz at just 14-years-old when she joined the cast of Disney's Shake It Up in 2010, where she played Rocky Blue for three years.
Her amazing talent was certainly noticed and she's managed to bag herself a number of roles in blockbusters such as Spider-Man: Homecoming, The Greatest Showman and Duck Duck Goose.
She's also appeared in a number of TV shows since her stint on the Disney sitcom, including A.N.T Farm, Dancing with the Stars and her most recent work Europhia.
Watch Malcom & Me on Netflix February 5 2021.
Source: Read Full Article